At a Glance
- Founded: 1941
- Locations: 511
- Initial Investment: $ 156K - 443K
- Headquarters: Dallas,TX.
- Category: Food & Restaurant Specialty Specialty Foods & Beverages
Dickey's Barbecue Pit is a true American success story. In 1941, Travis Dickey, a World War I veteran, opened the first Dickey's Barbecue Pit in Dallas, Texas. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit expanded throughout the Dallas Fort Worth area and quickly became known throughout Texas for mouthwatering hickory-smoked barbecue, popular catered events and the iconic Big Yellow Cups.
Franchising began in 1994 after loyal guests and barbecue fanatics demanded more locations. Today with over 560 locations in 43 states, loyal guests are what keep Dickey’s thriving in every community.
The brand has come a long way from Travis Dickey’s first location. But, some things never change. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit still slow smokes all meats on-site just the same way they did in 1941. The menu features beef brisket, pulled pork, St. Louis style ribs, polish sausage, spicy cheddar sausage, smoked turkey, and marinated chicken, with an extensive array of homestyle sides from jalapeño beans to macaroni and cheese. Buttery rolls are served with every meal along with complimentary ice cream. And just like always, kids eat free on Sunday.
Most restaurants only have two revenue streams. Here at Dickey's Barbecue Pit, we have six revenue streams. We have created a successful business model and it has worked for almost 75 years with over 560 locations across the country!
• Dine-in - Barbecue smoked slow but served in a fast-casual atmosphere.
• Catering - Our national catering hotline (866-BARBECUE) vets almost 3,000 calls and on-line inquiries monthly and sales continue to break monthly records.
• Retail items - Barbecue sauce, rubs, gift cards, and "Mr. Dickey's Barbecue Cookbook” are available in Dickey's Barbecue Pit Restaurants.
• Holiday meals - Don't miss your opportunity to break more records for the 2017 Holiday Season!
• Online ordering - Online ordering, drive-thru (if applicable).
• Outside Delivery - Third party delivery services are growing in popularity and help grow your business.
Dickey's was ranked ninth on Franchise Times Fast & Serious List 2017.
At Dickey’s Barbeque Pit provide full and comprehensive On-going Support from Home Office as well as Collective Purchasing power to avoid over-paying for goods.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit Listings