At a Glance
- Founded: 2010
- Locations: 189
- Initial Investment: $ $70,000 - $120,000
- Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
- Category: Home Improvement Home Products & Services
ShelfGenie is a home-based business model providing a niche product within a mature industry. We have highly effective tools and resources in place that allow franchisees to focus on scaling their business. A significant demographic pool we target (baby boomers and older) deem our product a need vs. a luxury item. This has allowed us to grow aggressively even during the recent housing market drop and recession.
ShelfGenie designs, builds, and installs Glide-Out Shelving Systems. The ShelfGenie innovative shelving is custom-built in the US, retrofits existing cabinets, resulting in perfectly placed shelves that glide in and out with just the touch of your fingers. With our system, cabinets are organized and storage is accessible, efficient and clutter-free. Glide-Out Shelving works in virtually every cabinet and pantry in the home and is beautiful and highly durable. From the kitchen to the bathroom to the garage, ShelfGenie does it all.
The franchise model allows the owner to focus on marketing and sales while leveraging design consultants and installation partners with the following systems and services:
• Streamlined Business Processes
• Centralized Business Support Center
• Need-based product
• WishPortal Franchise Management System - Full scale, customized CRM that is fully integrated into the Business Support Center and Media Buying Platform.
The ShelfGenie Business Process, Business Support Center, and WishPortal combine to bring operations and management systems only found at large companies – without the fixed overhead. All of the fees charged, Royalties (5% Franchise plus 2% National advertising) and the Business Support Center (appointment booking fee) are variable and related to sales.
In addition, ShelfGenie provides the following support:
• Hands-on training at our home office in Atlanta
• Online training and seminars
• Dedicated franchise representative to assist through the process
• Ongoing marketing and operational support including conference calls, weekly system updates, and readily available staffing and resources
ShelfGenie is ranked by Inc. 500 as the third fastest growing franchise in the country. The remodeling industry is growing steadily with kitchen and bath projects remaining the most popular. In 2015, ShelfGenie achieved more than $27 million in sales.
Day-in-the-life of the owner
Using existing systems and tools, ShelfGenie franchise owners are able to focus on money-making activities from overseeing marketing and PR efforts to forging valuable relationships with professionals that service our customer base. A ShelfGenie franchise owner does not manufacture, build, or install the product. Installation partners will take the measurements and install the custom-solution into the customer’s home. Owners focus their attention on growing and managing their business.