If you are considering to buy an existing franchise that is up for resale, it’s essential that you understand what […]
For more than 50 years, Del Taco has been serving freshly prepared, craveable food at an unbeatable value. This rare combination is one of the many reasons that we are one of the leading brands in the fast-growing Mexican quick-service restaurant (QSR) category.
With 596 locations in 15 states, we have an incredibly loyal fan base and a strong presence across the western United States, with plenty of room for franchisees to grow in both existing and untapped markets.
We are aggressively expanding across the United States and seeking passionate multi-unit restaurant operators like you. Explore this site to learn more about Del Taco's franchising opportunity, then share your contact info so we can discuss your next bold business move!
DEFINING THE QSR+ CATEGORY
Del Taco occupies the space between a traditional QSR and a Fast Casual atmosphere, by offering delicious quality food, prepared with fresh ingredients, and served with the value and convenience of a drive-thru. It’s QSR+, and Del Taco is at the forefront.
Guests love Del Taco's Mexican-inspired favorites and American classics, prepared with fresh ingredients hand-chopped, slow-cooked, and grilled in each restaurant's working kitchen. As much as our customers love our food, they also appreciate the convenience our restaurants and drive-thrus provide for their busy lives.
FOCUSED MENU STRATEGY & INNOVATION DRIVES TRAFFIC
Del Taco is booming and our franchisees are seeing consistent returns. This is a direct reflection of our effective barbell menu strategy, full complement of dayparts, and ongoing menu innovation that appeals to a broad demographic and continues to drive increased traffic and sales.
Del Taco's menu includes tacos and burritos as well as burgers and fries, spans a full complement of dayparts, from breakfast to dinner to late night and everything in between. By offering unbeatable variety, from premium menu items to the industry leading Del's Dollar Deals Menu, Del Taco gives guests more reasons to visit, gaining a competitive advantage in today’s busy marketplace.
Del Taco's unique QSR+ positioning within the rapidly growing Mexican Quick-service segment presents enormous growth potential for experienced multi-unit operators looking to diversify their portfolios with a brand consistently delivering industry leading results.
Led by an experienced executive team, Del Taco's established brand legacy, proven business model, creative marketing strategies, and solid company financials offer franchisees the support systems and resources needed to establish, manage, and grow their business.
With more than 50% of the brand's restaurants being company owned, or more than 300 units and growing, Del Taco corporate has skin in the game, so franchisees can be assured that we care about the same bottom-line profits as they do, which is somewhat atypical for a franchisee driven system. Our motto is, "One Team, One Voice, Trusted Partners." This is a partnership and we are in this together with our franchisees.
Reasons to Invest
- Proven performance and demand in new markets supported with creative marketing efforts
- Opportunity to grow your wealth with a brand on the rise
- Second leading brand in the fast-growing Mexican QSR category*
- 7 consecutive years of Franchisee AUV growth**
- Positioned for continual growth with a compelling QSR+ proposition that resonates with consumers
- Broad customer base appeal with innovative, fresh menu offerings
- Strong, proven operations and support for more than 596 restaurants in 15 states
- Exclusive development territories available across the country***
- Support of a dynamic investor board, experie nced leadership team, and strong company financials
Training & Operations Support
Del Taco's leadership team, 50-plus year history of business success, and proven business model offer our franchise partners the foundation and resources necessary to establish, manage, and grow their business.
- Training with seasoned staff (Initial and Ongoing)
- Management training – 6 weeks in restaurant
- Crew training – 3 weeks prior to opening
- Opening support – At least 1 week on site
- Ongoing training classes, meetings, and support
- Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) – Ongoing business support
- Operations Audits – Unannounced at least 2 times per year
- Guest Experience Measurement Program
- Electronic Learning Management System for Ongoing Training
- Field Marketing Manager – Ongoing LSM Calendar Plan
- Technology Support and Del Fran – Franchise intranet access
- Procurement & Distribution Team – Ensures brand protection and negotiated pricing
Our franchise partners enjoy the benefits of customized marketing plans designed to support successful restaurant openings and maintain awareness, as well as dedicated field marketing managers who work alongside franchisees on a regular basis to coordinate and execute local marketing initiatives.
Customized Marketing Plans For New Markets
Building the brand through trade area efforts is an important part of the marketing mix. To create a stronger emotional connection with the brand and help build raving fans for a lifetime, efforts include but are not limited to:
- Point-of-purchase material
- Direct mailers and printed ads
- Disruptive and viral PR
- Social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Mobile to digital media on Pandora and Hulu, as well as spot TV, cable, and radio